Actively accepting applications for the June 2019 hiring class
At Madwire, we believe that small businesses are the lifeblood of our economy. We believe that by helping small businesses grow we can profoundly change the world.
The high powered, fast-moving Marketing account management team is vital to our mission because they are responsible for customer success by way of strategy and implementation.
About This Position
Marketing Managers are vital to Madwire’s mission because they are responsible for managing marketing projects and using their breadth of knowledge to create and to implement digital marketing campaigns. The Marketing Managers partner directly with Senior Marketing Directors to assist in management of their clients’ businesses, and building long-term relationships with clients through trust and demonstrated results. This position is developmental in nature and designed as the proving grounds for the Marketing Account Manager position. In this role you will learn the internal systems, communication and operations, while developing your marketing implementation skill set, account management skills and prepare to be a full time account manager (marketer) with in 3-6 months.
Who You Are
- You are motivated to get the job done and done excellently. Execution Excellence is our standard and our standard is non negotiable.
- You are a passionate human: passionate about making a difference in the world, passionate about helping teammates succeed.
- You are a winner. Even when the grind gets tough, you have a winning attitude and effort level to get you through.
- You are curious and ready to learn. Like the clients we represent, our teammates are entrepreneurs. The most successful Marketing Managers at Madwire are those willing to put in the time it takes to become an expert for small business digital marketing.
- You comfortably navigate between tasks, business models, and marketing strategies to deliver the best results for an average of 45-60 different accounts.
- You can organize, captain, and leverage a collaborative team of experts in different positions who all work together for the success of clients’ strategies.
- You are competative and motivated to control your own destiny.
What You’ll Do
- You will obsess over the small businesses in your Senior Marketing Director’s client book and the marketing strategies that fuel their growth.
- You will communicate frequently and effectively with both clients and teammates while balancing your daily workflow.
- You will assist your Senior Marketing Director in facilitating the overall digital strategy, which typically includes elements like paid search (PPC), display advertising, video advertising, SEM, SEO and more.
- You will help coworkers execute digital marketing strategies that help their client’s businesses grow, which often includes an element of education and sales.
- You will use platforms like Google AdWords and Analytics. Bing Webmaster Tools. Facebook. YouTube. LinkedIn. WordPress. Shopify.
Who We Are
- We specialize in “Marketing and Design,” we call it “Mad.” It’s in our blood. Our manifesto. Our calling. We love Mad™.
- We are a world-class digital marketing company, growing small- and medium-sized businesses through a single, powerful platform.
- We provide technology and talent, with Marketing 360 as our powerful software backed by the professional marketing services that the team at Madwire has to offer.
- We are a collaborative group, and everyone has some kind of talent that fits into our greater puzzle.
- We are an Inc 5000 Fastest Growing Company in America for six years straight.
- We are rated the #1 Best Place to Work by Glassdoor (2016).
- Joe Kellogg and JB Kellogg have been rated the top CEOs by Glassdoor for three years straight.
- We’re ranked in the Top 50 Family-Owned Colorado Companies for six years straight.
- We are a Top 10 Marketing Company by Inc 500 (2014).
- We ranked #2 on Entrepreneur 360 (2017).
How You’ll Make Money
Marketing Managers earn a starting salary of $30,000 per year. This salary will ramp to $35,000 at 3 months, $40,000 at 6 months, $45,000 at 9 months and $50,000 at 12 months. However, this position is developmental and will convert to a commission driven position upon becoming an account manager. The marketing manager position is not designed to be a permanent position.
Frequently Asked Questions
What are the opportunities for growth?
There are many growth paths available to Marketing Managers. When Marketing Executive positions become available tenured Marketing Managers have an opportunity to apply for those roles. The marketing manager position is the proving grounds for future Marketing Executive Talent. As we expand and grow, the best of the best marketing managers get promoted to Marketing Executives, where they manage their own customer base and gain access to uncapped commissions.
How are the teams structured?
Marketing teams are led by two Senior Marketing Directors (the managers) and consist of members of the following departments: Marketing Managers, Marketing Executives, Project Managers, SEO Experts, Technical PPC Specialists, Social Media Managers, and Creative Designers. There are currently 8 marketing teams, with plans for the ninth and tenth teams to be built in 2019.
What else makes the position notable?
Our hours are 7-4pm Monday through Friday. There is no travel, no weekend work, and accounts are assigned to you. We invest heavily in advertising and marketing to generate accounts and the same strategies you are using for customers are what we use to drive new business for ourselves.
Employee Health Benefits
Healthcare coverage with supplemental dental and vision plans. Eligibility to enter the plan is the first of the month following 2 months of employment.
Eligibility to enter plan is first of the month following 60 days of employment.
Paid Time Off
- 10 paid holidays per year and an additional paid day off for your birthday
- 80 hours of PTO after 90 days of employment in your first year with the company. Increases to 120 hours at year three and to 160 hours at year four.
- Paid time off to volunteer
We Don’t Discriminate
Madwire is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state and local fair employment practice laws. Madwire strictly prohibits and does not tolerate discrimination against employees, applicants or any other covered persons because of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, ethnicity, sex, gender (including gender nonconformity and status as a transgender or transsexual individual), age, physical or mental disability, citizenship, past, current or prospective service in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state or local law. All Madwire employees, other workers and representatives are prohibited from engaging in unlawful discrimination. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, training, promotion, discipline, compensation, benefits and termination of employment.
Madwire complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), as amended by the ADA Amendments Act, and all applicable state or local law. Consistent with those requirements, Madwire will reasonably accommodate qualified individuals with a disability, if such accommodation would allow the individual to perform the essential functions of the job, unless doing so would create an undue hardship.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.